Friday, July 2, 2010

New Car - itis

Not that I was looking to buy a new car, but as fate would have it, my old one was paid off and a friend was in need of a gently used, dependable vehicle. After learning that, the rest of the details fell into place rather quickly.


So, out with the Scion Xb, which I had fondly named Midge (the Midget-mobile).








In with the Scion Xd, which I have fondly named Little Eva (you know, of 'The Locomotion' fame).







And in with new car-itis. Here are the symptoms, in case you are looking for a diagnosis:


You leave for your destination with time to spare. No hurrying, one wouldn't want to get into an accident!


You no longer use your foot to close the door when you have your hands full. You gently push it shut with your hand (after emptying one or both), even if it means setting things on the ground to do it.


You park way the hell out in left field, far, far away from 'the crazy people' in the parking lot. Yippee, extra exercise, and unforeseen benefit!


You feel insulted (or worse) when a bird poops on your car hood. Don't they know it's new and that is inappropriate behavior?


You don't eat in the car. You don't leave litter in the car. You don't leave anything in the car.


You make time to wash your new girl on the weekends. Vacuum, too. Maybe even wax.


Oh, dear, I've got it bad right now. Let's see how long this lasts. I predict a cure in 3 months or less. A cure usually being a ding in the door, a scrape on a hubcap, or some such thing. Also known in my life as...customization.

3 comments:

  1. You really had one of them cracker box looking things? hehe...Sorry, I just have to laugh when I see them. The newer one looks good. I think we'll have to count the days for ya and see just how long this newness syndrome really lasts. I have visions of you holding a purse, lunch, drink and whatever that is in your other hand...and trying to decide what to do first. Put the drink down so you can get the purse off your arm so you can then put the lunch on the seat so you can then set the whateveritis in your now empty hand and the nudge the door open with your elbow.
    Hmmm...betcha the foot wins.. Mwahahah!

    I talk a lot when I'm tired...blah.


    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say THE when it should be THEN too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. MWAHAHAHA! "Customization" - brilliant! I'm glad we still get to see Midge. She was my kind of gal..... :)

    ReplyDelete